English
Ask Your Question
0

Any known issues exporting to MediaWiki with Windows 7?

asked 2012-05-24 13:29:44 +0100

moonark gravatar image

I am running Windows 7 x64 and just installed the newest version of LibreOffice 3.5.3. When I try File > Export > MediaWiki, I get the following error:

Error saving the document Untitled 1:
Write Error.
The file could not be written

PDF & XML exports work fine and as expected. I have full Admin rights to the workstation and am just trying to save the file to my desktop. I have tried the option to use LibreOffice Dialogs however that did not work. Anyone else experiencing the issue and have a possible fix?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Hi @moonark, Did @manj_k's answers help you out here? Please let us know so that we can resolve your question. Thanks!

qubit ( 2013-01-27 20:11:47 +0100 )edit

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2012-05-26 12:17:24 +0100

manj_k gravatar image

updated 2012-05-31 23:34:49 +0100

Probably → Bug 46509 - MediaWiki export broken

[Status: RESOLVED FIXED - bugfix will be available in LibreOffice 3.5.4.]

Pre-Releases: → LibreOffice 3.5.4 RC2 (2012-05-24)

EDIT 2012-05-31

@moonark (see comment '2012-05-31')

The MediaWiki (.txt) option is available on WinXP.

(1) Please check Tools → Extension Manager... with regard to Wiki Publisher 1.1.1.

(2) Check also 'path_to_installation'\LibreOffice_3.5\share\extensions with regard to installed folder wiki-publisher

image description

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

I just installed 3.5.4 (downloaded today 5/31/2012) and there is no export to wiki option any more. Was it moved or deleted?

moonark ( 2012-05-31 20:05:54 +0100 )edit

I see that Wiki Publisher is installed and it exists under C:\Program Files (x86)\LibreOffice 3.5\share\extensions\wiki-publisher. I however do not have an Export option.

moonark ( 2012-06-01 19:46:32 +0100 )edit

Now I could create a (broken) user profile (LO 3.5.4.2) with missing 'Export... → MediaWiki' (although 'Wiki Publisher' is shown in Extension Manager). This problem disappeared—for me—with the described workaround (see 2nd answer "Possibly a workaround").

manj_k ( 2012-06-03 13:58:38 +0100 )edit
0

answered 2012-06-01 21:42:39 +0100

manj_k gravatar image

@moonark (see comment '2012-06-01')

Possibly a workaround:

You could try to synchronize/enable the bundled (pre-installed) extensions once again (e.g.: repaired successfully missing English spellcheck, bundled dict-en).

(1) Close LibreOffice (+ Quickstarter, if enabled).

(2) Go to your LibreOffice user profile, path: ...\LibreOffice\3\user\extensions\bundled.

(3) Rename the folder bundled to bundled_old.

(4) Restart LibreOffice (maybe you need to start it twice due to fdo#43989). ;)

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

Follow
1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2012-05-24 13:29:44 +0100

Seen: 2,695 times

Last updated: Jun 01 '12