Ask Your Question

Revision history [back]

From what I hear from Windows programmers on this issue, it's caused by not using the proper API calls (and/or using them in the wrong order) during the install. The workaround which I found works is:

  1. Disable UAC (Control Panel=>User Accounts)
  2. Reboot
  3. Install LO (and optionally the help pack)
  4. Re-enable UAC at previous level.
  5. Reboot

And no, I did not feel comfortable doing it.

Alternatively, if the installer is an unmanageable tissue at this point (which could explain the reluctance to prod it it), you could look at http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page