Ask Your Question
0

How Manage slide access and transitions

asked 2019-01-17 23:56:06 +0200

I have a large Impress presentation that I use with a training course.

The presentation is composed of 80% common slides with the remaining 20% differing only in the data presented. This is because the course is tailored to the location in which it is being delivered. So when in Ireland the slides contain the same text but different data to when the course if offered in Australia.

I currently keep all the slides in the one master with the alternate slide (Ireland) next to the current slide (Australia) and then manually create the course du jour as needed by going through the presentation and deleting the alternate slides.

However this is laborious and error prone.

What I am after are better suggestions for how I can do this.

One idea that springs to mind is the ability to mark a slide as hidden so that the actual presentation ignores the marked slide. Or, a type of flow of control which can be created (imagine arrows going from one slide to the next) in Slide Sorter. These require application change so have low chance of being adopted.

Can anyone suggest better methods for manual control of slide/alternate sides problem?

regards Simon

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2019-01-18 03:07:45 +0200

Please see if custom slide shows fit you.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

It has what I want except that basing a custom slide show on page numbers is semantically poor. If each of the pages could have a unique (meaningful) name then constructing a customer slide show might be a little easier. Having alternate methods of constructing the customer slide show (via click and tag on Slider Sorter) would be even more useful.

Simon Greener gravatar imageSimon Greener ( 2019-01-18 08:29:30 +0200 )edit

If each of the pages could have a unique (meaningful) name then constructing a customer slide show might be a little easier

Right-click slides in main window's Slides left-hand deck, and Rename.

See https://documentation.libreoffice.org/en/english-documentation/impress/ for general instructions using the software.

Mike Kaganski gravatar imageMike Kaganski ( 2019-01-18 08:37:47 +0200 )edit

Isn't it amazing, one uses the software for years and yet we still miss things.

Simon Greener gravatar imageSimon Greener ( 2019-01-20 10:32:04 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2019-01-17 23:56:06 +0200

Seen: 21 times

Last updated: Jan 18