Ask Your Question
0

Error when installing Extension "Connector : couldn't connect to pipe"

asked 2019-02-25 16:20:46 +0200

SabineLB gravatar image

Hi,

since the latest update of LibreOffice Vanilla (Version 6.1.5.2) on my Mac OS 10.13.6 the installed extension "Grammalecte" doesn't check grammar anymore, so I tried to install the latest version (0.6.5) of it. I downloaded it via the extenion site. However, I get the error "Connector : couldn't connect to pipe". So, I tried to install "Languagetool"...same error. Any suggestions what's not working here? Thank you.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2019-02-26 16:26:51 +0200

Olr gravatar image

updated 2019-02-26 16:27:51 +0200

Close LibreOffice.

Go to the LibreOffice profile (I don’t know where it is on MacOS).

Erase the folders “uno_packages” and “extensions”.

Relaunch LibreOffice. Reinstall Grammalecte.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Thank you for your answer. I did as you described, several times actually. I even tried shutting down my mac after deleting the folders, but I still get the same error each time I try to reinstall either grammalecte or LanguageTool

SabineLB gravatar imageSabineLB ( 2019-02-26 18:01:32 +0200 )edit

I thought your profile might have been corrupted, as it happens sometimes.

Usually, removing the folders “uno_packages” and “extensions” is enough to clean the mess with extensions. You can try to delete the full LibreOffice profile (after copying it somewhere else, if you want to keep your settings in case it doesn’t work), and relaunch LibreOffice. A new clean profile will be created by LibreOffice. It may solve the problem.

If it’s not a corrupted profile which generates this problem, then there is something wrong with your system (or with this version of LO), but I have no idea what it might be.

Olr gravatar imageOlr ( 2019-02-28 10:46:52 +0200 )edit

Hi, I "deleted" my old profile as you suggested, but I still get the same error. Since this started with the above mentioned version of LibreOffice Vanilla, I guess there's something wrong with this particular version. I'm going to download LibreOffice 6.1.5 directly from libreoffice.org to check whether this will help. Thank you.

SabineLB gravatar imageSabineLB ( 2019-03-01 11:59:20 +0200 )edit

Hi, it's me again. Downloaded an installed LibreOffice 6.1.5. Then successfully added Grammalecte. So there's definitely something wrong with the version of LibreOffice Vanilla I used. And I think it has to do with the bundled foreign language spellchecking extensions LibreOffice Vanilla installs. One of the is from Grammalecte, but w/o the grammar ckecking module. This hit me when I saw that the LibreOffice I just installed just comes with spellchecker for English and Spanish... So, my next stepp will be to contact Collabora (responsable for LibreOffice Vanilla) and tell them about this bug. Thank you or helping me! I sure learned a lot more about LibreOffice! Greetings from Hanover, Germany to wherever you are!

SabineLB gravatar imageSabineLB ( 2019-03-01 12:34:36 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2019-02-25 16:20:46 +0200

Seen: 89 times

Last updated: Feb 26