Ask Your Question
0

Calc takes 10–15 mins to open all .ods files

asked 2019-05-24 21:12:06 +0200

Rumperuu gravatar image

For no apparent reason, Calc has started taking around 10–15 mins to open .ods files. Writer opens .odts fine, I can open Calc itself fine and I have tested the files on another machine to confirm they are not corrupt. I even opened Calc, created a new document, added a couple numbers and saved it—after closing Calc and trying to open the resulting file, it again took 10 mins to open.

When opening a file the LibreOffice splash screen is displayed, which hangs at the full loading bar for ~15 secs and then opens the Calc window proper, which looks like this until the file (eventually) loads:

image description

Clicking the cross in the corner brings up a ‘LibreOffice is not responding’ prompt.

I was using version 6.2.3, so I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall the same version, but the installation kept failing saying it had been interrupted. I was able to install version 6.1.6, but the issue opening files persisted. I uninstalled that version and tried 6.2.3 again, which failed again. After deleting all LibreOffice folders in Program Files, Program Files (x86), %AppData%\Local and %AppData%\Roaming I tried the 6.2.3 installer again, which succeeded, but the issue opening files remained. I updated to 6.2.4, but the issue remains. I restarted my PC after each uninstallation and ran CCleaner to make sure there were no leftover registry entries.

I am completely at a loss as to why this is happening. Can anyone shine any light on this issue, as it makes Calc pretty useless on my main machine.

Using Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. Task Manager shows the memory and CPU aren't being overused:

image description

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

Have you tested with a new profile?, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

m.a.riosv gravatar imagem.a.riosv ( 2019-05-25 03:41:52 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2019-05-25 12:00:09 +0200

Rumperuu gravatar image

I thought deleting the Program Files and %AppData% folders would have deleted my user profile, but apparently not—opening the files in Safe Mode as per @m.a.riosv's suggestion worked. I performed a factory reset, solved the “Error loading BASIC of document” errors that started coming up (solution here) and it seems to be fixed now.

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2019-05-24 21:12:06 +0200

Seen: 38 times

Last updated: May 25