Ask Your Question
1

Hyperlink stopped working after upgrade

asked 2013-10-19 09:46:04 +0200

sulliwane gravatar image

updated 2015-08-28 09:35:52 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

I upgraded Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10 and Libreoffice version is now 4.1.2.3.

My problem is that now HYPERLINK function doesn't work anymore in my CALC sheet (below the french name of the function):

LIEN.HYPERTEXTE("vnd.sun.star.script:standard.avisEcheance.printToPdf?language=Basic&location=document";"PDF")

When I click on the cell, nothing happen whereas before, it would run basic code (instructions to print to PDF). The same for other Hyperlink calls in the file...

Is it a known bug ? I don't have anterior version of LO to have confirmation my problem is due to the upgrade though

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

I´m working with LibreOffice Version: 4.1.3.2 on OpenSUSE 13.1 now and having the same problems. With version 4.0.1 there were no problems. We have a lot of problems while this is not working anymore. How can we give this problem a hi priority on the bug-list? Because i'm pretty sure it is a bug :-(

jsteenks gravatar imagejsteenks ( 2014-01-21 17:00:27 +0200 )edit

I have a similar problem, with LibreOffice Version: 4.1.6.2 on OpenSUSE 13.1, but it seem to be limited to the case when the path contains spaces or not ASCII characters like è, é, ü, ä, etc. It is definitely a bug. I do not know whether somebody may have interest to fix it, since Version 4.2 is already out.....

rrossi gravatar imagerrossi ( 2014-07-18 10:55:25 +0200 )edit

Update: I installed Version: 4.2.5.2. Problem persist. However, under Windows, using 4.2.4.2, the problem does not appear.

rrossi gravatar imagerrossi ( 2014-07-18 14:07:16 +0200 )edit

I have the same problem with LibreCalc Version 4.2.4.2 on Ubuntu. Has someone already written a bugfix for LibreCalc on Linux ? Or is there a buglist, where i can post this bug ?

Stefan70 gravatar imageStefan70 ( 2015-04-08 15:32:31 +0200 )edit

Ok, there is a buglist, and the bug is reported 2013-10-28 :( https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/s...

Stefan70 gravatar imageStefan70 ( 2015-04-08 16:10:56 +0200 )edit

Hallo

@Stefan70

its still reported since October/2013 but nobody works on it

karolus gravatar imagekarolus ( 2015-04-08 16:15:10 +0200 )edit

:(, I would donate 20$ for libreoffice, if someone fix this bug.

Stefan70 gravatar imageStefan70 ( 2015-04-08 17:00:52 +0200 )edit

thanks to @Markus Mohrhard, karolus, Andreas Säger, ... the Bug is fixed in the Daily-Version of LibreCalc. :)

Stefan70 gravatar imageStefan70 ( 2016-04-21 11:27:28 +0200 )edit

4 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2013-10-21 17:05:32 +0200

sulliwane gravatar image

updated 2013-10-21 17:06:07 +0200

Instead of putting the HYPERLINK directly into the cell -which obviously is broken since new version 4.1.2.3 of LO- I call the LINK using a form button, and it works great.

Draw a push button, then copy your link under the "ACTION" property (which is an open web page action) in this way, you can still pass arguments to your macro:

vnd.sun.star.script:standard.avisEcheance.printToPdf?language=Basic&location=document&argument1=variable
edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

this is only a workaround. buttons dont suit my needs. I think someone should fix the bug in Libre-Calc.

Stefan70 gravatar imageStefan70 ( 2015-04-08 15:33:49 +0200 )edit
2

answered 2013-10-19 14:21:14 +0200

m.a.riosv gravatar image

There is a security option in:

Menu/Tools/Options/LibreOffice/Security/Options - Ctrl-click required to follow hyperlinks

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

I unchecked the Ctrl-click option, closed then reopened my file, (macro enabled), still nothing happen when I click on the cell containing the HYPERLINK.

Moreover, I just opened it with libreoffice 4.0.2 and it works just fine (although the security option Ctrl+click is checked!)

sulliwane gravatar imagesulliwane ( 2013-10-21 04:43:14 +0200 )edit
0

answered 2013-10-28 06:41:13 +0200

Okay, I have over 6,000 absolute hyperlinks in a spreadsheet and they no longer work. I tried ctrl-click, I tried the way I have always done this (just clicking it) and the links do not work! Relative hyperlinks still work but I need a way to "fix" this problem. I didn't create this problem, I don't like the idea of manually editing 6,000+ absolute hyperlinks that were working fine just yesterday.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

I just did what mariosv wrote above and it runs fine for me now. First I tried to run the hyperlink with Ctrl+click and it worked fine, then I went on Tools/Options/Security/Options and I unchecked that option. It worked fine for me both ways. Thanks, Mario!

Francisco Santos gravatar imageFrancisco Santos ( 2014-02-02 18:37:07 +0200 )edit
0

answered 2015-04-08 15:50:36 +0200

Here is another workaround wich is also not perfekt. It uses the doubleclick-event of the sheet. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25...

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

3 followers

Stats

Asked: 2013-10-19 09:46:04 +0200

Seen: 3,323 times

Last updated: Apr 08 '15