Ask Your Question

Is it possible to print words in mirror image? [closed]

asked 2013-11-05 23:49:36 +0100

bee gravatar image

updated 2013-11-07 22:33:14 +0100

manj_k gravatar image

I need to have the words backwords, like when you hold a piece of paper up to the mirror and you can read it that way.

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason question is not relevant or outdated by Alex Kemp
close date 2015-11-13 05:56:54.336324

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-11-06 13:18:45 +0100

Pedro gravatar image

updated 2013-11-06 13:19:23 +0100

You can do that in Draw

1) Create a text box, type whatever you want.
2) Modify > Convert > To Curve (or Polygon or Contour, there doesn't seem to be any difference)
3) Modify > Flip > Horizontally

Note: since in step 2 you convert the text to a shape, you no longer can edit it (they become separate objects). If you want to modify the text at a later stage you should delete the object and start again from step 1

Maybe there is a more efficient way to do this...

edit flag offensive delete link more



Ah! It was the convert phase I couldn't work out. I had the "frame" selected, and that greys-out the Convert options. (Unfortunately "Flip" doesn't (yet) apply to frames.) I suppose the advantage of Inkscape here is that you can "type" and modify text-as-text in mirror, upside-down, whatever orientation.

David gravatar imageDavid ( 2013-11-06 13:23:33 +0100 )edit

answered 2013-11-06 12:03:31 +0100

David gravatar image

updated 2013-11-06 12:06:24 +0100

I can't see how to do this in Writer or Draw, but it's very simple in Inkscape! :) is that any help?


edit flag offensive delete link more


Even better. Export document as a PDF open in Inkscape and flip it. It worked great for me.

dsfadsfgafgf gravatar imagedsfadsfgafgf ( 2015-05-17 16:17:20 +0100 )edit

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2013-11-05 23:49:36 +0100

Seen: 14,381 times

Last updated: Nov 06 '13