Flashing black lines in Impress

Hello, I recently downloaded the LibreOffice update. I now have the flashing black designs in Impress that other people complain of. I have tried various suggestions after reading other people’s answers:

1. Try: Go to Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and disable “Use OpenGL for all rendering”.
    (But I don’t have anything about OpenGL when I follow this instruction.)

2. I’ve tried clicking “None” for slide transition - the problem doesn’t improve.

3. I’ve tried other slide transitions - the problem doesn’t improve.

4. Someone suggested using black backgrounds - but I use a lot of art and colours and photos for my teaching presentations - of which I have more than 300, I estimate.

I would like now to go back to a previous version of LibreOffice. Someone suggested looking in the archives for the older versions (the second to last version also has flashing in Impress).
It’s not clear to me what I should click for the download. If I click x86_64/ the next pages is full of links.

Thank you for any help. I tried to attach a picture here of a screen shot. :grinning:
Jeanette Meza
Windows 10 Home. Version of LibreOffice: 7.1

LibreOffice now uses Skia instead of OpenGL. Click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and untick the box “Use Skia for all rendering” and see if that helps

IMPORTANT: You didn’t say which version of LibreOffice you have. If it is 7.1.6.2 then upgrade to 7.1.7.2, then turn off “Use Skia for all rendering”

1 Like

Thank you very much! That’s fixed everything very nicely! :heart_eyes:
:star_struck: :blush:
Have a great Christmas!