I’m using a spreadsheet primarily for documentation purposes just as a preference. My problem is that I have several texts(words,phrases) throughout the document that I want to change to hyperlinks. I started doing it on a individual basis but found it to be too laborious.
Find and replace seemed to be the solution but when I used =HYPERLINK in replace the text of the replace would be entered not the result of the HYPERLINK function. Believe me I tried several attempts at this and I am at a loss.
- “King Edward VIII” is the first cell in a row of related information.
- Used EDWARD instead of “King Edward VIII” as future entries were made.
- in hindsight, It became apparent that it would be best to hyperlink the dozens of #2 to #1 above.
- I started to hyperlink on an individual basis but decided to investigate to see if this could be done across the board.
- Find/Replace seemed to be promising, used EDWARD as Find and tried various =HYPERLINK options.
- The replace line text would be entered not the desired result of the hyperlink formula to go back to the initial row in #1.
Simply, how do all EDWARD text entries get converted to a hyperlink referencing “King Edward VIII”?