Ask Your Question

Where is the ruler in calc

asked 2017-07-08 23:35:58 +0200

tmc365 gravatar image

In Excel under page view you can select the ruler so you can layout your page correctly. I can't find it in Calc.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-07-09 05:20:33 +0200

jaye gravatar image

updated 2017-07-09 06:23:00 +0200

librebel gravatar image

In Calc Open the spreadsheet choose Tools > Options(Alt+F12) > LibreOffice Calc > General. Here you can set measurement unit ie. inch, metric, points or pica then Grid will allow you to set Resolution Horizontal and Vertical size plus adjust subdivision spaces

edit flag offensive delete link more


(Edited correct shortcut key).

+1 for this answer. NB. the above answer requires checking "Visible grid" in "Options > LibreOffice Calc > Grid".

To check coordinates in the Status bar, use the Arrow Select tool from the Drawing toolbar.

librebel gravatar imagelibrebel ( 2017-07-09 06:50:49 +0200 )edit

answered 2017-07-09 07:56:31 +0200

pierre-yves samyn gravatar image

Hi @tmc365

Calc does not offer this feature. A request had been made but it was closed for lack of precision.

It seems to me that FilePrint Preview▸click Margins corresponds most to what you are looking for (adjust page, columns, layout...) but without displaying the numbers.


edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2017-07-08 23:35:58 +0200

Seen: 1,517 times

Last updated: Jul 09 '17