Ask Your Question

Record changes bubbles [closed]

asked 2013-02-06 02:15:58 +0100

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

Microsoft Word uses "bubbles" in the margins to show deletions, instead of strikethrough, which quickly gets confusing. Does Libre Office offer such a service? I am a book editor and with hundreds of pages of strikethroughs, the document quickly starts to look like a crazy mess. Thanks!

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2015-10-21 04:39:37.661113

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2013-02-06 02:22:30 +0100

qubit gravatar image

updated 2013-02-06 02:25:25 +0100

See fdo#34355 - Use margins to track changes

The revision tool in Word XP places all comments, deletions, and formatting changes in text balloons on the margin of the document (with the Print View enabled). Each text balloon is colored differently for each author and type of change. Since deletions are removed from the body of the document, the impact of changes on pagination and document length can easily be determined, and text reading is easier.

Also see:

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools


Asked: 2013-02-06 02:15:58 +0100

Seen: 992 times

Last updated: Feb 06 '13