Ask Your Question

(Writer) how to adjust font size/style of small letters normally used after numbers e.g "st" and "nd"? [closed]

asked 2017-08-08 06:19:32 +0200

appreciatethehelp gravatar image

updated 2020-08-05 00:15:35 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

Hi guys, when I type numbers such as "1st" "2nd", "3rd" and "4th" (anything ending in "st", "nd", "rd" and "th"), the letter parts come out in small font and are positioned near the top of the row (as opposed to in the center of it like "regular" text).

What is this small font called called and how do I adjust it?


edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by appreciatethehelp
close date 2017-08-08 06:51:23.125145

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-08-08 06:35:58 +0200

robleyd gravatar image

Autocorrect makes those into superscript; if you select the characters and choose Format | Character and choose the Position tab you'll see some options to control the size etc.

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark ✔ to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. If this resolves your problem, close the question, that will help other people with the same question.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Yup, found it under format > character > position tab. Cheers.

appreciatethehelp gravatar imageappreciatethehelp ( 2017-08-08 06:51:02 +0200 )edit

I too find this AutoCorrect option annoying, that it why I have disabled it from Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options… and then, in the Localized Options tab, disable both boxes of the option that is labeled as "Format ordinal number suffixes (1st -> 1^st)".

paravantis gravatar imageparavantis ( 2017-08-08 14:10:54 +0200 )edit

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2017-08-08 06:19:32 +0200

Seen: 3,406 times

Last updated: Aug 08 '17