6.0.1-1 crashes when opening a file

asked 2018-02-14 23:31:45 +0100

svadilfari gravatar image

updated 2018-02-22 11:51:45 +0100

Hi guys,

Recently my install of libreoffice-fresh on arch stopped working. I am unable to open any kind of file. Whether it is a .ods, .odt, .xlsx or .docx file. Every one of them manages to crash libreoffice after being hung for quite a while. I ranlocalc --backtrace after installing gdb. It came up with this:

warning: Currently logging to gdbtrace.log.  Turn the logging off and on to make the new setting effective.
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/usr/lib/libthread_db.so.1".
[New Thread 0x7fffdf0e6700 (LWP 4468)]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4469)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd9da8700 (LWP 4470)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd3fff700 (LWP 4471)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd37fe700 (LWP 4472)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4473)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd1c24700 (LWP 4474)]
[Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4473) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4479)]
[Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4479) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4480)]
[Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4480) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4469) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4481)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4482)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4481) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4483)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb5ccc700 (LWP 4486)]
[New Thread 0x7fff9e2a4700 (LWP 4487)]
[New Thread 0x7fff9daa3700 (LWP 4488)]
[New Thread 0x7fffb52be700 (LWP 4489)]
[Thread 0x7fffb5ccc700 (LWP 4486) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4483) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd1c24700 (LWP 4474) exited]
[Thread 0x7fff9daa3700 (LWP 4488) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fff9daa3700 (LWP 4492)]
[New Thread 0x7fffd1c24700 (LWP 4493)]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4494)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4494) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4495)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4495) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4496)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4496) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4497)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4497) exited]
[New Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4498)]
[Thread 0x7fffda5a9700 (LWP 4498) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd1c24700 (LWP 4493) exited]
[Thread 0x7fff9daa3700 (LWP 4492) exited]
[Thread 0x7fff9e2a4700 (LWP 4487) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffb52be700 (LWP 4489) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd2425700 (LWP 4482) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd37fe700 (LWP 4472) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd3fff700 (LWP 4471) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffd9da8700 (LWP 4470) exited]
[Thread 0x7fffdf0e6700 (LWP 4468) exited]
Program terminated with signal SIGKILL, Killed.
The program no longer exists.
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/gdbtrace:9: Error in sourced command file:
No stack.

Can anyone point my in the direction of what's wrong?

I already tried:

  • updating arch
  • reinstalling lo
  • switching between still en fresh
  • disabling java
  • remove the user profile (in .config/libreoffice/4/)

The file I tested this with, is one I created with libreoffice on the computer with the problem and saved as .ods. So any incompatibilities between MS office en lo are out of the equation.

thanks

ps: sorry for the mess of code. I can't seem to get the newlines quite right.

update:

I just opened the file in a MS excel on a virtual machine and in libre office calc on another computer, which also runs arch + deepin + lo (still). On both ocassions it opened just fine. After that I updated the other computer and opened the .ods file again. And it opened just fine. I'm really running out of ideas here. :(

yet another update:

I just found out I can ... (more)

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments