Ask Your Question

What is this symbol, and how do I get rid of it?

asked 2018-03-11 18:38:46 +0200

user2635 gravatar image

updated 2018-03-11 18:53:08 +0200

David gravatar image

What is this and how do I get rid of it?


edit retag flag offensive close merge delete


We could probably use a bit more context: version of Writer? operating system? Is that at the cursor position? Was an upgrade involved?

David gravatar imageDavid ( 2018-03-11 18:54:05 +0200 )edit

To me looks like a text cursor indicating left to right writing mode. Though I've never seen it that way, maybe platform dependent.

erAck gravatar imageerAck ( 2018-03-11 19:38:40 +0200 )edit

Ask a good question. Share the file in particular.

gabix gravatar imagegabix ( 2018-03-11 19:41:25 +0200 )edit

From pull down, Insert/Object/line?? If it is, Right click on it, backspace or cut. ?

Mark McLean gravatar imageMark McLean ( 2018-03-11 21:07:12 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-03-11 19:49:20 +0200

Platterbaff gravatar image

updated 2018-03-11 22:57:14 +0200

David gravatar image

It looks like the “Direct cursor”. To turn it off select Writer's “Tools” > “Options” > “LibreOffice Writer” > “Formatting Aids” and remove the tick from the “Direct Cursor” box. For what it does, try Writer's “Help”.

edit flag offensive delete link more
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools



Asked: 2018-03-11 18:38:46 +0200

Seen: 157 times

Last updated: Mar 11 '18