Ask Your Question

Cannot access data from LO Base file from forms

asked 2019-09-13 20:45:13 +0200

cscj01 gravatar image

I have Ubuntu 18.04 x64 and LO I had a system crash and had to reinstall my OS. All of my .odb files and DBs are on a data disk and were not affected. These .odb files contained forms and queries and were linked to MySQL DBs. After getting all applications installed, including MySQL and Libreoffice, I installed MySQL Workbench and verified that my DB's were accessable, contained the correct information, and that all my queries and scripts worked as intended. I then tried to access one of my DBs to change some data through my LO Base forms. I had always used a MySQL Native connector. However, I can no longer access the MySQL DBs because I get a message saying user and passwords are required. I do not use passwords in MySQL and tried to just enter an empty password. That did not work. I went into MySQL and created a password for my ID (and the one used to access the DBs from Base), and was told the password was invalid. I then reset MySQL password back to none.

I spent quite a significant amount of time developing the Base frontend for these DBs. I really need to get this to work. Can anyone offer some suggestions that can help me get this resolved. Thanks.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-09-14 18:03:05 +0200

Ratslinger gravatar image


In past when using MySQL and a native connector, I found some which worked and others which did not. In other posts, this varied upon the OS & LO version used. You may want to try a different connector. As of LO v6.2.x the native has changed. See -> LibreOffice 6.2: Release Notes.

Also, trying to reset password required is a bug - tdf#97416. There is a fix within this post and also answer in this post -> to reset password to default type.

You may also want to attempt a different connector such as JDBC or ODBC. See answer in this post -> Created a database in MySQL, unable to connect via SBDC to LO Base.

As with any post, if this answers your question please tick the ✔ (upper left area of answer). It helps others to know there was an accepted answer.

edit flag offensive delete link more


This is where the problem lies in my case as well. I have it working by adding a password in mysql to my user and then entering that password for my various databases when the popup comes up. The issue I was having was when I had no password, the .odb contents were set to true, and when I had a password, the contents were set to false. I think the UI is flaky because it did the opposite of what mysql had. Thank you for tracking these posts down.

cscj01 gravatar imagecscj01 ( 2019-09-14 19:25:49 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2019-09-13 20:45:13 +0200

Seen: 29 times

Last updated: Sep 14