Ask Your Question
0

Macro not showing up in Ubuntu 14.04 LO 4.2.3.3 Build ID: 420m0 [closed]

asked 2014-04-18 16:59:25 +0200

sulliwane gravatar image

updated 2015-09-07 22:33:24 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

Hi,

I have a calc file containing a Macro. In this file I have a button that trigger the PDF EXPORT macro. After upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04, have LO 4.2.3.3 installed, here is the error I have when cliking on the button (same under Lubuntu 14.04):

com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeExceptionUnable to obtain document content factory! image description

If I create a new calc, draw a form button, link it to my pdf export macro : No problem !

So I tried adding a new button on my existing sheet, assign a macro and BAM ! : No macro are displayed as available to select. See below : image description

Whereas on my new created file, I can assign a macro to my button! So the error dialog must be related to this...

Note : On my laptop Ubuntu 14.04, the problem solved by itslef...I don't know why. But on my desktop (Ubuntu 14.04) and netbook (Lubuntu 14.04) the problem remains.

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2016-02-21 07:27:06.976722

Comments

Any chance of revealing your macro itself?

mahfiaz gravatar imagemahfiaz ( 2014-04-18 17:27:27 +0200 )edit

Sure! I added it in the question

sulliwane gravatar imagesulliwane ( 2014-04-19 02:16:15 +0200 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2014-04-22 09:13:53 +0200

sulliwane gravatar image

updated 2014-04-22 12:21:30 +0200

UBUNTU 14.04 : I solved it by installing LO from the ubuntu software center. Even though LO was already installed, it appeared as NOT installed in the Ubuntu Software Center. After the installation completed, I couldn't reproduce the error. That was for UBUNTU 14.04.

LUBUNTU 14.04 : it appears that I just didn't installed the JAVA JRE which is needed to run the macro from the buttons : apt-get install openjdk-7-jre

Finally, I think that in both case, the problem was related to LO and the JRE that was not well configured. With such kind of error, you should have a look at tools > options > libreoffice / advanced > and be sure to have the right JRE detected and selected by openoffice. (LO needs to be restarted after any modifications.) image description

edit flag offensive delete link more
0

answered 2014-04-21 08:27:50 +0200

oweng gravatar image

That error message appears to issue from /ucb/source/ucp/tdoc/tdoc_documentcontentfactory.cxx. There was one change (line #114) to that function between the two indicated releases (on 2014-02-25) - refer History of the file. Seems to be a basic error handling change so am unsure to what degree it may be the cause.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

1

Hi. I have no idea why, but it's working now. I will investigate more when I'll have time (try on Lubuntu as well see if it's still bugging) ...very strange for me.

sulliwane gravatar imagesulliwane ( 2014-04-21 17:46:16 +0200 )edit

After investigating on my Desktop 14.04, I made some progress. So I updated my problem.

sulliwane gravatar imagesulliwane ( 2014-04-22 08:33:34 +0200 )edit

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2014-04-18 16:59:25 +0200

Seen: 1,050 times

Last updated: Apr 22 '14