Ask Your Question
0

Why won't spell check work on a text doc in LO 4.3.0.3? [closed]

asked 2014-07-19 20:12:10 +0200

Estie gravatar image

updated 2015-08-31 08:35:53 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

How do I contact someone to get a fix?

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2016-03-01 16:28:09.574516

Comments

Maybe if you detail: Operating System; LibreOffice version; Languages for User Interface, default locale and default style, someone can help. Also resetting the user profile sometimes solves strange issues, specially after upgrades. https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/U...

m.a.riosv gravatar imagem.a.riosv ( 2014-07-19 20:30:26 +0200 )edit
1

Version 4.3.0.3 on Windows 8.1 with UK English (En_GB) shows all words as incorrectly spelled.

I have tried clearing the user profile but this did not help.

Richard

barnpiece gravatar imagebarnpiece ( 2014-07-20 09:24:57 +0200 )edit

3 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
2

answered 2014-07-20 11:56:23 +0200

manj_k gravatar image

updated 2014-07-28 14:49:42 +0200

@barnpiece

That's a regression in LibO 4.3.0.3 (RC3) (also install-paths with Latin characters are affected), see
Bug 80363 - VIEWING EDITING: spellchecker works wrong if there are Cyrillic symbols in the path to Libre folder
Status: RESOLVED FIXED.

My current workaround for LibO 4.3.0.3 (RC3) on Windows 7 64-bit:
replace spelllo.dll from LibO 4.3.0.3 (RC3) with spelllo.dll from LibO 4.3.0.2 (RC2).

Download link: spelllo.dll_v4.3.0.2_2014-07-02 removed 2014-07-28.


EDIT 2014-07-24

See also:
Bug 81511 - CONFIGURATION: dictionary is missing as all words are suspect when checking
Status: RESOLVED FIXED (LibreOffice 4.3.1)

(Tested successfully with LO-Dev 4.3.1.0.0+)


EDIT 2014-07-27/28

The bugfix will be available in LibreOffice 4.3.0.4,
tested successfully with LibreOffice 4.3.0.4 (RC4, pre-release version).

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

1

Yes not just with Cyrillic characters in the path but with normal British English too it is a problem.

I took the spelllo.dll from 4.3.0.2 and put it into installed 4.3.0.3 and it works fine as workaround. Thanks.

Richard

barnpiece gravatar imagebarnpiece ( 2014-07-20 16:10:16 +0200 )edit
1

answered 2014-07-25 10:27:25 +0200

David Clayton gravatar image

updated 2014-07-25 10:31:20 +0200

If you are using the most recent beta release (4.3.0.3) as of July 14, there is a bug present which has exactly the same behaviour as described, rendering the spell check unusable ( https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug... ).

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

You may try the workaround for LibO 4.3.0.3 (see my answer, and @barnpiece's comment). ;)

manj_k gravatar imagemanj_k ( 2014-07-25 11:39:29 +0200 )edit
1

answered 2014-07-25 12:53:56 +0200

Pedro gravatar image

LibreOffice 4.3.0 hasn't been officially released. The version you are using is Release Candidate 3 or 4.3.0.3. That malfunction was detected and fixed. There will be a 4.3.0.4 release (i.e. Candidate 4) soon (which hopefully will be the last and the same as the official 4.3.0)

In any case the first few versions of each branch i.e. any version ending with 0, 1, 2 sometimes 3) are not recommended for production (therefore named Fresh releases). Each new branch has new features but also regressions which might cause problems.

Unless there is some new feature that you badly need in 4.3.0 you are best served with the 4.2 branch (build 4.2.6 should be out in a few days)

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools

3 followers

Stats

Asked: 2014-07-19 20:12:10 +0200

Seen: 677 times

Last updated: Jul 28 '14