Ask Your Question

What are these marks on top of the document [closed]

asked 2014-11-17 16:04:48 +0200

masoud gravatar image

updated 2016-03-06 14:12:05 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

I don't know what these are called, so I can't search about them to know what they do. I have marked them by blue and red circles in this image:

image description

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2016-03-06 14:12:31.397602

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-11-17 17:20:47 +0200

horst gravatar image

The red one is the default TAB you can set. In your case right adjusted text. If you click on it itchanges his shape. Go Format>Paragraph to see what is available and what they do. Also Help Rulers;Default Settings.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2014-11-17 16:49:43 +0200

MQ-818 gravatar image

Two Blue one's are TAB and INDENT STOPS.... RED One I don't know. Write a page of document and then with the mouse move around TAB and INDENT; you will understand how it works. Also make sure your courser is at the beginning of a line while you are adjusting them. Of course you have access these controls through Format/Bullets & Numbering / Position.

Hope this helps...

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools

1 follower


Asked: 2014-11-17 16:04:48 +0200

Seen: 106 times

Last updated: Nov 18 '14