Ask Your Question
1

Error loading BASIC of document (dialog.xlb, script.xlb) [closed]

asked 2012-08-04 13:10:54 +0200

mr.peeters gravatar image

updated 2015-10-17 15:34:37 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

Upgraded from Ubuntu 10 tot 11.10 recently, and since then having some issues. Running 3.4.4 on Lenovo X201 laptop, using Gnome Classic.

Every time I open a document I get two error messages: Error loading BASIC of document file: ~/.libreoffice/3/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb/: General Error. General input/output error.

The second one exactly the same, but with another path. ~/.libreoffice/3/user/basic/Standard/dialog.xlb

When I check out the path I find both script and dialog files but with an .xlc extension instead of .xlb - already created empty documents named script.xlb and dialog.xlb, alas to no avail it seems.

Any help welcome!

edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2015-10-17 15:35:22.384623

Comments

tohuwawohu gravatar imagetohuwawohu ( 2012-08-04 13:27:47 +0200 )edit

Same error for me, but a few years later and redhat centos 3.10, libreoffice 5 64bit. If remove or change the .xlb/.xlc files then open office runs, mouse works . . but keyboard doesn't work. . . . !?? "file://home/xxx/.libreoffice/3/user/basic/Standard/script.xlb/: General Error. General input/output error."

gaoithe gravatar imagegaoithe ( 2019-07-08 18:27:09 +0200 )edit

2 Answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2012-08-04 18:48:38 +0200

mr.peeters gravatar image

All hail to tohuwawohu, who answered another issue I had with spell-check. Followed his advice to reset my user-profile, and not only the spell-chack issues I had but also this one solved straight away!

Thx tohuwawohu!

edit flag offensive delete link more
0

answered 2015-09-15 16:44:08 +0200

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

I had this problem on Windows 7. It turns out that Windows had added the extension .xls to the .xlb files in my user folder. Simply removing this extension solved the problem. NO NEED TO RESET USER PROFILE.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools

Stats

Asked: 2012-08-04 13:10:54 +0200

Seen: 2,477 times

Last updated: Aug 04 '12