Ask Your Question
0

How to export a file in xhtml format with embedded fonts ?

asked 2015-09-15 20:20:24 +0200

philco07qnx gravatar image

updated 2015-09-16 19:58:29 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

Using LO 4.2.8.2 Trusty Updates from Ubuntu on UbuntuStudio LTS 14.04.

LO Writer crashes and closes when I try to export an xhtml version with 'embed fonts in the document' selected.

I also tried writer2xhtml export filters V1.4 : same problem but with the bonus of an error file in the current directory. It seems that the JRE detected a problem and the libmergedlo.so file seems to be implicated :

"Problematic frame: C [libmergedlo.so+0x26f6369] XMLFontAutoStylePool::embedFontFile(rtl::OUString const&)+0xf9"

I really need the fonts embedded to get correct display in an ebook reader.

Any suggestions for what might need fixing or how I can get around this problem ?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

Comments

For the moment, I just accept that LO crashes when exporting xhtml or epub 'with fonts embedded'.
My workaround is therefore to export without fonts embedded and then to use an external editor for font integration.

philco07qnx gravatar imagephilco07qnx ( 2015-09-18 15:53:14 +0200 )edit

I have managed to produce a crash with LibreOffice from 2011-08-22, even without trying to include fonts in the exported .html; but LibreOffice from 2015-09-20 does not crash (although it fails to include the fonts in the .html file). My document was just one sentence, using only the default font.

So, I suggest that you try again with a newer version of LibreOffice, perhaps "Fresh" version available from http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/.

Terrence Enger gravatar imageTerrence Enger ( 2015-09-21 22:56:11 +0200 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2015-09-20 15:15:08 +0200

Alex Kemp gravatar image

Ubuntu bug (by the OP, but closed due to absence of a crash report)

I would have thought that the best place to report this bug would have been to the LO bug report folks. Also, as the error comes only from inclusion of the specialist music-stave font, I would have thought that reaching out to that font's author may be a good idea.

If this helps then please tick the answer (✔)
...and/or show you like it with an uptick ()

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

I followed the instructions by the person who replied on launchpad and generated a crash report which I submitted. I didn't get a very convincing evidence of the crash report being uploaded to the Ubuntu bugs reporting system but I did to launchpad. I probably disappointed the person who advised me on procedure because some of the pages from launchpad caught me unawares - lack of familiarity on my part for which I tried to apologise. I don't know where this stands at the moment.

philco07qnx gravatar imagephilco07qnx ( 2015-09-20 23:40:25 +0200 )edit

The crash occurs whenever I try to embed a font. Any font, not just the Opus Chords font. But in practice, the only one I care about in my current job is the Opus music font and then only for two glyphs. But the problem is there for all fonts when embed is selected. My present workaround removes the problem for this job. I'll gladly provide any more details if required.

philco07qnx gravatar imagephilco07qnx ( 2015-09-20 23:43:18 +0200 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

2 followers

Stats

Asked: 2015-09-15 20:20:24 +0200

Seen: 163 times

Last updated: Sep 20 '15