Ask Your Question

How do I use replace to insert a tab stop? [closed]

asked 2016-08-12 18:35:50 +0100

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

I am editing a document where errors seem to be consistent. I frequently have to find specific text, then replace that text with text which includes a tab stop. What is the code for the tab stop and other non-printing characters like a paragraph mark, etc.

I could not find this on your help pages


edit retag flag offensive reopen merge delete

Closed for the following reason the question is answered, right answer was accepted by Alex Kemp
close date 2020-09-10 14:37:08.706839


Posted by Linda9999

floris v gravatar imagefloris v ( 2016-08-12 18:48:26 +0100 )edit

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-08-12 18:50:18 +0100

floris v gravatar image

It's in the section on regular expressions: Try \t

If this answer helped you, please vote it with ✔ (here on the left). That will help other people with the same question.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Question Tools



Asked: 2016-08-12 18:35:50 +0100

Seen: 1,100 times

Last updated: Aug 12 '16