Ask Your Question
0

calc macro runs but stardesktop.loadcomponentfromurl() fails

asked 2016-09-18 03:25:48 +0100

this post is marked as community wiki

This post is a wiki. Anyone with karma >75 is welcome to improve it.

I run this macro successfully in a previous computer but the download does not happen in the new computer. I have tried to see if it is being blocked by the firewall but this did not help. The macro does not stop at the failed download. Every other line executes. I am at a loss

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 Answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted
0

answered 2016-09-18 07:26:50 +0100

pierre-yves samyn gravatar image

Hi

Is the url still valid? It is always advisable to check such as:

sUrl = "http://....."

if fileExists(sUrl) then
    print "ok => loadcomponentFromUrl"
else
    print "ko"
end if

Regards

edit flag offensive delete link more

Comments

Yes! I did a direct entry of the url into Chrome and the csv downloaded and I opened in a libre spreadsheet. The error must be in the next part of the macro where it is copied and pasted into the correct sheet. I tried to show this part of the macro but it exceeded the length allowed. Thanks

Docw gravatar imageDocw ( 2016-09-18 20:39:49 +0100 )edit

What puzzles me is that the macro still works perfectly in the previous computer but fails in the new one. It suggests that something outside the macro is preventing execution without any notification.

Docw gravatar imageDocw ( 2016-09-18 21:09:47 +0100 )edit
Login/Signup to Answer

Question Tools

1 follower

Stats

Asked: 2016-09-18 03:25:48 +0100

Seen: 264 times

Last updated: Sep 18 '16