A Libreoffice Base dilemma

Hello! My friend and I are doing a database with Base (well, in reality we’re updating an existing one, but that’s another matter hehe), and we’re stuck in something:

There are a lot of elements (textboxes, labels…) that can be either hidden or shown in the same macro (enablevisible = true/false). But they do so (either hide or show) one by one, and not all at once, so when there are a lot together to be either shown or hid, it makes kinda like a “cascade” visual effect that is a bit ugly. Is there any way to enable to either hide or show all at once?

My friend tried an option called “showgraphics = true/false” (ThisComponent.CurrentController.getViewSettings.ShowGraphics = true), but it seemingly didn’t work at all. His intention with it was to try to hide the graphics’ refresh, then reactivate it once the macro was finished in order not to show the cascade effect.

He also told me that he noticed that if at the beginning of a macro there’s a “msgbox”-like popup, the graphic refresh is instantaneous.

Sorry if all of this sounds a bit…confusing. I’m a designer, not a programmer, and he can’t post right now at the moment, so if you’ve any questions about it, please don’t hesitate to ask. I’d try to clarify as much as possible, hehe :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for all the replies!

Seems a cross posting of Apache OpenOffice Community Forum - Show/hide form's objects in unison - (View topic)

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.