95p document, pics near end just empty space with vert line.

Hi. I’m new, have been using Office 2002 with good success until recently. Too many problems with it now, so I came to LibreOffice. I’m working on a self-pub book(PDF), which is an ongoing project and currently offered to users who need it. It has about 215+ jpg photos, on average about 100-150 kb in size. I spend considerable time on the photos to make them look good at that resolution. I’ve just completed a major edit and when I print to PDF (using Doro PDF Writer, which I’ve used for years with Word and Excel) the final 5 images or so near the end of the work are just a space with a vertical line in them. The dimensions are ok, but no image is there.

The .odt Libre document is good. Filesize is about 17Mb and it produces a PDF of approx. 11Mb in size, which can be sent via email. Any help appreciated.

. Cheers, Don

(Edit: activated screenshot -AK)

Try Export As PDF in LO. I find that I get much better output and control, e.g. bookmarks, clickable links, pictures, security, etc. by using File | Export As | Export as PDF... in LO than print to any pdf writer I have.

Great, had wondered how to do that. I have liked Doro because I do have so much control, but this is something I will try for sure. Thx

For emailing and printing from home printers for pictures I normally set 150 dpi and 85% compression which gives, quite frankly, great pictures without noticeable artifacts. For commercial printing where I don’t care so much about file size 300 dpi seems plenty, but should be higher if B&W. Cheers, Al

Advice was good, Libre export to PDF is good and it looks like the compression is good for this. My final exported PDF document from the 16,800kb *.odt is 9,250kb and presents a good, clear result.

To complete the question with answer as accepted by OP

Export As PDF in LO. I find that I get much better output and control, e.g. bookmarks, clickable links, pictures, security, etc. by using File | Export As | Export as PDF... in LO than print to any pdf writer I have.

For emailing and printing from home printers for pictures I normally set 150 dpi and 85% compression which gives, quite frankly, great pictures without noticeable artifacts. For commercial printing where I don’t care so much about file size 300 dpi seems plenty, but should be higher if B&W bitmap. Cheers, Al