A modification suggestion for the tabbed section of the GUI

I have a suggestion regarding the GUI of LibreOffice, and I hope you’ll agree with me. It’s about the tabbed section of LibreOffice. Because I think the tabbed section looks dreadful and “amateurish”. At this moment the tabbed section is an ugly, unsightly, boxed-in part of the office suite, which makes it unappealing to the eye and looks like it’s not really a part of the office suite (because it’s boxed in!). By just making a small modification in that section could make LibreOffice a lot more appealing to look at and gives it a more professional appearance.

As an example of what I mean, I send a link to my own webspace where I uploaded a GIF-image I made of the current looks of the tabbed section, and my suggestion how it could be more appealing for the eye and more professional looking, especially to attract new users or users that complain about saying LO is “ugly”. This is the link to the image: Ribbon - Gifyu

Please rate my (small) input and, if rated positive, consider my suggestion in future releases of this wonderful office suite, because I feel LibreOffice should be more widely used worldwide instead of MS Office. :wink:

A more professional approach is to use styles instead of direct formatting. The tabbed UI is offered only for quick switching from M$ Word to LO Writer for those who don’t make the effort to read the documentation. Styling is more extensive in Writer than in Word which has only paragraph styles and therefore forces direct formatting for all the rest.

Thank you. I just did a few moments ago. :slight_smile:

Changes to UI are best proposed as RFE (request for enhancement) in the bug tracker, https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/

tdf#162562, thanks!