A Question About Page Numbering

I have a document and don’t want page numbering to begin until page 7.

So, let’s say my document is 10 pages long. Pages 1-6 I want blank, no numbering. Pages 7-10 I want to be numbered 1, 2 and 3.

I’ve been trying for ages (and all help I’ve encountered so far has been so over-complicated I can’t figure it out, and I’m no luddite!) and I can’t seem to do it.

Any advice please?

and all help I’ve encountered so far has been so over-complicated I can’t figure it out, and I’m no luddite!

Hum. Do you expect to be some secret kept from all except the chosen ones? :slight_smile: I’m afraid that all you can get here is either references to documentation/other answers, or the same procedure repeated once again in other words.

In this question, I tried to explain the logic behind the feature, as I myself always feel comfortable knowing how it works inside. It wasn’t accepted. Then in this question, I tried to provide simple step-by-step guidance, not diving into underlying logic. No idea if you’ll find something useful there; bu it’s useful to ask specific questions.

I created an extension for this purpose, currently searching for new features to add. You can check it in LibreOffice Extensions here:

Page Numbering Addon

Page numbering are usually located in header or footer. Header/footer are attributes of page (more precisely of page style). When a page overflows, a new page is automatically started with the same style as the previous one.

If you want a different look for a page, you need a different page style so that you can define different attributes. You must also insert a break to force switching to the desired page style.

@mikekaganski’s procedure in his answer provides all the necessary steps.

Go to Format > Title Page and set the number of pages you want without numbers on at the beginning of the doc. Set Start Numbering at whatever number you want.