Addresss labels!

I am using 6.4.1.1 on a Windows 11 lap top. When trying to print individual labels using an Avery MP7160 label with 21 labels per sheet I can get a fulll sheet to print but it will not allow me to print a single label in a specified sheet position. I have spent about 24hrs following all the instructions and the answer is a lemon. It is impossible to do that. During creation. it is told the Avery sheet to use, I have created a single label via a database and without a database and no matter what or where I try to set the print system it makes not a jot of difference. All or nothing.
What on earth is the answer, 'cos I sure as heck cannot find it. I even tried the latest version, but that is so unstable on both a Mac and the laptop that I spend more time trying to Force stop LibreOffice.
Please can someone explain to me what is happening, there appears no way I can only select one record to print as a single label, I always gat 21 and if I create a label by entering the address without reference to a database, the answer is the same.

Thanks
altv84

Hello,

It would be helpful if you noted those and where you got them.
While nothing built in, here is a workaround to print a label other that starting in the upper left → Labels start offset for partially used label sheets - #3 by Ratslinger
As for not printing an entire page, when goint to pring, you will be asked about Form Letters and select Yes. Then will be able to choose what to print & print them. This can be a single item.
Edit:
Almost forgot, using this version:

Version: 7.4.3.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 1048a8393ae2eeec98dff31b5c133c5f1d08b890
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

there are built in capabilities in the dialog when creating labels:
Screenshot at 2022-12-07 12-32-01
Can print single label and select position.

1 Like

Ratslinger

The last diagram you show is not on my machines! If it were, I think it would answer my query and solve the problem. I will have another look tomorrow and see where that screenshot is. Not found it so far. Will also install 7.4.3.2 on the laptop and see if that has any benefits.

Thanks
altv84

Most likely not in the LO v 6.4 you are using. The other method should work with older LO versions. A bit tedious but does work for me.

The Options tab in the Labels dialogue box with the same settings as screenshot is there in Version: 6.2.8.2 (x64). Selecting Avery A4/Asia labels L7160 then setting Column 3 and row 5, the label in the new document appears in what seems to be correct place.

1 Like

Yes, and just checked:

Screenshot at 2022-12-07 18-43-54
and has:

This does as the OP wants and not sure why not finding.
@altv84 from a writer document, select from the menu File->New->Labels. This will bring up the dialog and select the Options tab. Should get same as screen shot.

I have now installed 7.4.3.2 on the MAC and it is just not working with the Base application. An error message keeps coming up that it cannot connect to the database and that it needs Java. Java has been installed and the path for the database is correct. I get the impression that LO and MAC are not very good neighbours and will therefore not bother in trying to get it to operate in some sense of order.

The other side of my problem is to now get the laptop working as it should in regard to the labels. I am now installing 7.4.3.2 version and will have a go and see what happens.

Installation now complete and trial run has. proved successful. Thanks for your help. I will now play around and see if I can print a single label using the database rather than typing a single address after File-New-Labels.

Again, Cheers
altv84

There are many posts here you can search to find. Much of the issue is dependent upon Your OS version. Basically Mac needs JDK and not just JRE. This is an old issue which started between Apple & Oracle.

Try:

Hrbrgr

Thanks for coming back. I am sick and tired of installing and uninstalling Java on the MAC. I have done it several times now and still it will not work with LO Base. Since I now have LO working OK on the Laptop I’ll continue working on that route and ignore the Base system on the MAC. Write and Calc work fine on the MAC so half a loaf is better than none! I will now uninstall Java for the last time on the MAC.
Consider this query now closed and I will accept the fact that addresses will be done on the Laptop.
Thanks for your help. Cheers. altv84.