Anchoring Location and Sizing a Button-hyperlink in a Calc Cell

Version: 7.3.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 49f2b1bff42cfccbd8f788c8dc32c1c309559be0
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

Hi:

I am very new to using hyperlinks…

I had set an Internet button hyperlink {in cell O28} of a Calc sheet. I changed the width of column [K] by dragging the column’s header to a desired width.

Now, after changing the column [K] width, the previously set hyperlink appears (to me) to be incorrectly anchored at the (previous O28 screen area, rather than moving to the right as cell O28 has on the screen. It is no longer located within the cell in which it originally was created, i.e., {O28}. Why?

Furthermore, after widening column [K], the button-hyper link is now overlapping columns [N] and [O].

How must button type hyperlinks be anchored? And, how may I control their displayed width?

TIA for any help that allows me to better understand Button-hyperlinks.

VinceB.

Push buttons are for database forms. In Calc you can turn the cell itself into a button.
t84903.ods (14.0 KB)

The button is not in the cell, as Zizi explained here:

@Villeroy:
TNX for the sample spreadsheet and for introducing me to the =HYPERLINK() function. I find them interesting and will study further.

Also, I appreciate the graphic button that is shown. I will need to do some more reading if I can find info on the appended (STYLE(“Button”)) portion of your formula.

@Wanderer:

TNX very much for pointing me to Zizi’s explanation of graphical layer, etc. I now am aware of why things did not work as I had expected.

My need is not for a macro execution. Simply, I want to call the webpage that shows a bowling league’s stats & results (League Secretary). I thought that I had the Internet button set properly, since it indeed did open the specified URL in my browser.

With the helpful explanation provided, I now am understanding and continue to learn.