Are older versions of LibreOffice. Available?

I attempted to download libreoffice today for MacBook intel IOS 10.13.6. However, the download required IOS 10.14 or higher.
Is it possible to download an older version of libreoffice that will run on my older MacBook?

1 Like

Thanks so much! I have been searching for 2 days to see which is the latest that 2013mac can use. You are the only one I found that actually stated 7.4!

At the bottom of the download page for LibreOffice is the paragraph
" Older versions of LibreOffice (no longer updated!) are available in the archive"

It looks as if 7.4.x will run on 10.13, see LibreOffice 7.4 Community: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki

1 Like

Thank you so much!
J.

Additionally: the detailed system requirements, including direct links to the downloads for no longer supported versions (not the case for LO 7.4 at this moment) are available in our wiki. The “System requirements” link on the main download page goes to a page that also includes that wiki reference at the bottom.

2 Likes

Thank you, Mike. You and Ernest have been very helpful. As an old guy who is still far behind the electronics curve, I appreciate the kindness. A friend recommended using LibreOffice for its benevolent simplicity compared to the ever constant upgrading and up selling one endures with Apple, Microsoft, Android and their ilk. Indeed I’m finding the move to be quite positive.

Duly grateful,
Justin

Portableapps.com has legacy 5.4 version. It seems to run fine under Windows 10.

-----Paul------

So what? How is this relevant to the macOS-related question?
Additionally, why you advertise a really outdated version, mentioning the OS that allows any current LO version to run? On Windows 10, you can successfully run LO 7.5. Well, LO 3.3 will also run fine. And even OOo 1.0.3 will. So what? Is it OK to suggest a version with lots of bugs, including security issues, that were fixed in later versions, just because you can?

And the answer by @EarnestAl included the link to download archive - which includes all versions, not only 5.4; and they include portableapps releases. So - again: what your answer tries to tell?

2 Likes

Ah. Flames which warm my heart. Guilty as charged that I did not notice it was a Macos question.

Besides the OS issue, a reason to suggest portable version is that installing installed versions side by side can get complicated. But maybe not for Macos. And, anyhow, the portable 5.4 had recently solved a problem for me and it was on my mind.

So, peace brother. It was my error indeed. Never ascribe to malice that which can be equally easily explained by stupidity.

-----Paul-----

1 Like

Hanlon’s razor. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like