Are there any plans to give LibreOffice an icon?

Since LibreOffice’s placeholder application icon looks like a hotel bed sheet with one corner turned down for the guest. I have a Mac, so there is a quick fix. I copied the attractive LibreOffice document icon from File Info and pasted it over the bed sheet icon in File Info for LibreOffice. Since then, LibreOffice has nice-looking icon, and I know what it stands for at a glance.

Are there any plans to give LibreOffice an icon? (Is it “Libra Office” or “Leeber Office”?)

It’s “Libre Office”. Libre is French for ‘free’ and it rhymes with “Lee the”, not “lie tha”.

What makes you think the current icon is a placeholder? Do you have sources to back that up?

Hugmup pasted “… the attractive LibreOffice document icon from File Info …”. I see (Win8 presently) different icons coming with LibO and standing for the different content types associated with the software components of LibO. They all look similar to the general LibO icon and are completed with a sub-icon. The aestehic of these icons may be disputable. The concept is (IMO) not.

On the pronunciation - see also an earlier answer about this with a link to an “official” OGG file.

As for icons: see the wiki - current as well as proposals. I don’t know anything about the status of these pages, though.

Refer this thread for instructions on how to change the icons for LibreOffice in the MacOS dock.