Backgroung formatting in Writer and Calc

I have been using both Writer and Calc for some months now. For some reason, which may have been me playing around, the default background for both Writer (docs) and Calc (spreadsheets) have become a very dark grey. I have tried to resolve and can change the background for individual files but every time I open a new doc or spreadsheet it has the the same dark background. I did uninstall LibreOffice but the problem remains. Can anyone help me resolve this. Many thanks.

I don’t know what you did, maybe you changed the theme from light to a custom theme in your unknown operating system.
Maybe you changed the Document background in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Application colours. Follow the path and reset Document background to Automatic, or maybe everything, except Report Builder, to Automatic (default).
Uninstalling does not change the user profile. You can reset the user profile with one of the methods in this page, LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki . Note how to back up before resetting

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode

How do you do that? This could give us a hint of the problem (maybe you changed your default template).