BASE - Form Based Filter Search

Using LO 7.6.7, I’m having an issue in Base when using Form-Based Filters to search my database.

When using Form-Based Filters, the Filter Navigator no longer shows the name of the field next to the TRUE / FALSE field value. This is for Checkboxes in my Database Form. Confirmed same issue in LO 24.2.4.

Previous versions eg the 7.5 series displayed the field names next to the values, this was super helpful for modifying a search using the Filter Navigator.

Am I missing something that changed, or should this be reported as a bug?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

Hi,

I am sorry, but I couldn’t understand too good your concern. It’s indeed a matter of fact, that, should I wish to obtain the whole filtered record, I have to go specific for each field, otherwise the record doesn’t fully appear…
Why not adding a subform?
Nevertheless, in case of high data volume, I would prefer to filter by a Query, e.g.
Select * From MyTable Where ‘True’ = 0
Anyway, if you insist in building a form. Add a subform and link mainformfield to the subform one.
MainForm screenshot
SubForm Filtering

It’s a bug. Fields will be named in LO 7.5.5.2 here, won’t be named since LO 7.6. So a regression. Could you report the bug, add a little database with one form and describe how to start and get values for the form based filter. Post the link for the bug here and I will set the bug to “New”.

Good Evening Robert,

Should you be interested in my odb file (developed with LO 6.0.7) I’ll be pleased in doing the upload, because, as described in my above message, I did not encounter any obstacle or issue

@nicholas59 : Which version of LO do you use? Copy from Help → About and post it here.
So it looks in LO 7.5.5.2:
grafik
And this I get with LO 7.6.4.1 on the same system:
grafik
Missing the labels since LO 7.6.*

Hello Robert,

Ok. I’ll try to tell you my point of view.

I am a LibreOffice 6.0.7 user.

Following personal experience, the Filter button is absolutely worth for CALC spreadsheet projections, but dummy with BASE…

That’s why i would propose the academical way, i.e. to follow the menu-driven Form builder and, under construction, LINK both the concerned fields (MainForm to SubForm).

I am absolutely not a programmer. Just try to match my desiderata.

Regards

Fields sorting.odb (19.1 KB)

Please read the original post: Works with LO 7.5, fails since LO 7.6. Why do you test with LO 6.0.7? There is no buggy behavior in this very old version.
Opened the database with LO 7.6 and get the same buggy behavior as shown.

Dear Robert,

Please do not argue with me about LO 6.0.7. as I do not think neither sdritchey nor you agreed with THE SIMPLE BASE STANDARD USE, independently from version.

Pay also attention to the fact that i did NOT post any suggestion, but comments instead. And I will stop from now on.

With kind regards

Thank you Robert, I submitted a bug report:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=161537

I tried to edit down my large database and form, but messed it up in the process. Perhaps you can upload your small test database from your post? Otherwise I can take another pass in the next few days.

@sdritchey : Have added a comment, set the bug to new. Might be first version is LO 7.6.0 - but I haven tested with this version. So I set it as regression and hope it will be bibisected soon.

Great, thank you Robert for the bug report updates.