Base Macro - Click on Table Row to Open Record

Also, click events in columns do work. What is probably confusing is the method in which they work. If you click in a table control field, it selects the field. They next click in that field activates the mouse click event. Now I can’t say this is the way it should work but only that is the current process.

In my case, the column clicks don’t work at all, no matter how many times I click - 1, 2…30. If I attach the same Subroutine to the table control mouse click event, works every time. Even if I write a Sub that has only msgbox "Hello" and call it on column event mouse click… nothing. That’s why I chose the table control click event instead. Your attached file also has table control click event, so I figured you encountered a similar problem. Otherwise column click makes far more sense.

Strange. I can get the column click event to work by switching it from the table control on YOUR file… but not in mine. Even if I write an entirely new subroutine, it won’t trigger it on a column click. Can’t think of any other explanation than a very obscure bug I’m encountering. Like you said, it takes two clicks on your file. But in mine, it just doesn’t work. I’ll just tolerate the table control click for now since it works.

Since I couldn’t ever get the events attached to columns to work, I ended up making a separate “Edit” button that triggered the event instead. Works great and is probably more “expected” behavior than clicking inside the table control anyway.