Base (tables and forms) are read only and I want to edit.

Base (tables and forms) are read only and I want to edit. The edit-data-icon amd add-record-icon are grayed out on form. Similar problems on when opening the table.

Hello,

Your question lacks information such as LO version & OS. But more importantly where do you see a edit-data-icon amd add-record-icon on a form? The closest item is New Record on the Navigation control. Also, on viewing table data, there is an icon for Edit Data which is a toggle. On allows editing & off locks out entry. Additionally, what Database are you using?

Sorry I’m using. Libre Office Base Version: 6.0.2.1 (x64) on Windows-10 pc
I had two tables… on closing and reopenning the database one of the tables allows me to toggle the edit button. The other does not.

The form is built on a query from both. It does not allow me to add or edit the records/fields.

Hello,

Notwithstanding the missing information, it would appear you have created a Base .odb based on .csv file(s) or as selected, Text. These tables and forms cannot edit the data in this manner. Queries are also very limited. There is a somewhat better way to allow more flexibility. See answer by @PYS on this post → [Base] Linked Table from CSV.

Sorry I’m using. Libre Office Base Version: 6.0.2.1 (x64) on Windows-10 pc I had two tables… on closing and reopenning the database one of the tables allows me to toggle the edit button. The other does not.

The form is built on a query from both. It does not allow me to add or edit the records/fields.

That CSV was a good hint… I remade the table (which was a lookup table). The edit button now toggles. I also added the key field that I didn’t have before. It works now. Thanks for your help.

If this answers your question please tick the :heavy_check_mark: (upper left area of answer). It helps others to know there was an accepted answer.