Base v. 6.4 on Mac OSX - working for anyone?

Has anyone managed to work successfully with latest Base on OSX? This has been a long-standing issue, and I was hopeful that the most recent release would see it working. Sadly not, in my case.

My version of LibreOffice is now up to 6.4.4 on my old 2015 MacBook (running 10.14.6 “Mojave”):

Version: 6.4.4.4
Build ID: 3d775be2011f3886db32dfd395a6a6d1ca2630ff
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X 10.14.6; UI render: default; VCL: osx;

I use the version supplied by Collabora on the Mac. (My “normal” OS is Ubuntu, but that’s work, and still “locked-down” in Scotland I’m restricted to this little Mac laptop.)

I thought I would make one of my periodic attempts to coax Base to work on a Mac but … no joy. :’( I’m wondering if anyone else has had success, and whether there is something I can do to make this thing work. I still miss having a go-to functional db program.

From the FAQ:

LibreOffice releases available from Apple App Store don’t include Java support at all, because apps distributed in the App Store are not allowed to depend on optional functionality like Java

(the same as Tor wrote in comment 22 to the bug you mentioned, and that you obviously aware of - just confirming it’s still there :-))

Right, thanks Mike. I’ve read through that thread many times over the years (I have some comments in there, too!), but forgot about this. Do you know if it’s possible to install Doc Foundation’s LibO beside Collabora’s on Mac? I expect there’s an answer to that out there somewhere…

Also, worth linking to this Q&A about Base and Mac which is a bit of a “FAQ”, as well.

I honestly don’t know… maybe instructions in this wiki may somehow help?

Looking at that right now. :slight_smile: Thanks again, Mike!

Also, worth linking to this Q&A about Base and Mac which is a bit of a “FAQ”, as well.

I would be thankful for any help improving FAQs. Unfortunately ATM I’m out of spare time to do that myself (reading, understanding what to add, edit the FAQ etc).