BaseTools getDataSource (solved)

Roberto Benitez refers to the BaseTools library including a useful-sounding method GetDataSource. I can’t find out where the library is, how to load it, or how otherwise to access GetDataSource. Any help, please?

Please provide more information on your source. Don’t see anything under LibreOffice Macros & Dialogs -> Tools. Sounds more like a Java method.

Roberto Benitez refers to the Basetools library here, amongst other places: 香港快三-官网首页. Another reference in the OO forum here:
[Example] OpenForm with macros (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum

Some of what is here might be useful to you.

Thanks EastTrieve. I’m doing ok with Base and in fact Basic, but the question was about that one routine. I’ve got it cracked now, anyway.

Your references are older and refer to OpenOffice v3.x. The referred to library is now the “Tools” library. However, you will not find anything useful there for accessing data. This is all done through (somewhat transparently) the UNO API.

For more information here are some useful documents:

Chapter 9 - LO Base Macros click here

Open Office Macros Explained (OOME) by Andrew Pitonyak - click here

Edit 2/22/2017:

You also referred to getDataSource in your question. This is actually part of the API and NOT in the “Tools” library. The com.sun.star.sdb.DataSource information can be seen here.

Thanks, Ratslinger, I should have realised that my references were old. I’ve worked around my question, but the getDataSource routine sounded like a simple way to do it, Andrew Pitonyak’s books, by the way, are my ‘Bible’, indispensable guides! The chart in your last reference is very useful. Problem solved.

(I can never work out how to mark as ‘solved’. Shouldn’t there be an easy way to do this?)

@Pansmanser By clicking the check mark (as you have - thank you) it is marked answered. There is no “solved” but you can “Close” the question if you wish - bottom right of your original question.