Bounding Boxes of Formula Selection Not Working

I have a fresh install of LibreOffice 7.5.3.2 on Fedora. It used to be, that when I clicked inside a formula in the Formula Bar, Calc would highlight the references in the formula in draggable, resizable bounding boxes.

This doesn’t seem to work anymore. Is this a feature I have to enable now? Anyone else seeing this?

The only big change I have made in this Fedora install is that I am mounting my files via CIFS instead of NFS.

Version: 7.5.3.2 (X86_64)
Build ID: 50(Build:2)
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 6.4; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+wayland)
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

[I’m not a Linux/Fedora user.]
My 7.5.3.2 under Win doesn’t show any related changes in behaviour.
Since such features shouldn’t depend on platform properties, I would guess a user profile issue.
Did you already try an investigation after a restart in safe mode?

Check that Tools → Options → Calc → View, Display, Show references in color is enabled.

There’s the setting. It was already checked, but after toggling it off and toggling it on again, it works.

I’ve seen this kind of “settings rot” before. Every major upgrade or so, I just delete all my settings before I upgrade. The only non-default setting I use is the setting to disable ctrl-click for hyperlinks. That one has stopped working before as well (and always reverts to enable on upgrades now.)