Calc hyperlink changes after reboot

Hi,
Since version of Calc 7.2.1.2 I have following problem with hyperlinks that link to a different sheet in the same document: when you choose “edit hyperlink”, you see that every name has “.A1” at the end and therefore the link doesn’t work anymore. Removing “.A1” does solve it, but after reboot calc "“A1” is back

In settings > load/save > general, the following option is active: “Save URLs relative to file system.”
test hyperlink.xlsx (5.9 KB)

Could you please upload an example of a small file with the specified error.
I do not have this error in the same LO version.

1. Such replacement doesn’t happen here, neither with 7.2.1.2.
  2. A link to Sheet2.A1 (or any other cell address) works perfectly fine.

I also wonder how a reboot would be related to your problem…

I’ve uploaded the test file

Oh, you’re saving as .xlsx … I don’t even know if that would allow a sheet name without cell in a hyperlink.
(apart from that your test doesn’t work anyway because the sheets are name Blad1 and Blad2 and the hyperlink is test.A1 and there is no sheet test).

Let’s do this. I am uploading the correct file (HyperLink.ods) in which the hyperlinks work.
You are describing the exact sequence of actions that will cause the hyperlink to “get corrupted”.
HyperLink.ods (9.5 KB)

It works if you remove the “A1” that was added automatically by Calc. I’m using the original document for 3 months with about dozens of links with no issues. Since the update “A1” is automatically added to each link.

There is no A1 added by Calc. The link target reads Sheet2.A3 after load.

Hi sokol92
The link worked. Until I reopend the file, again “A1” was added by Calc. I don’t get why Calc adds the “A1” suddenly after the last update.

Your test document has stored the link test!A1 (note Excel notation in the Excel file).

Dear @TomW ! Let’s take one step at a time.

1. You open my file. Everything is fine?
    What’s next?

Well, why didn’t you tell us there is a named range test the link was supposed to jump to? Congratulations for confusion…

Hi guys, thanks for the feedback. I’ve narrowed down to the following:

• if you type the link manually like “Sheet2.A1” then everything works perfect, even after reboot of Calc. Also it doens’t matter if you save it as XLSX or ODF, both work.
  • the problem seems to occur only when you define a name to a cell (menu > sheet > named range and expressions > define)

So that simply appears to be a bug when storing in Excel .xlsx file format.
Save to the native .ods file format and it doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Please submit a bug report with details and report the bug number back here. Thanks.

You are right! It only happens when these 2 options are combined:

• you define a cell by giving it a name
  • you save it as XLX

Thanks for all your feedback!

Thanks everyone! We are waiting for the bug report!

I’ve registered the bug report:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=145079

1 Like

Welcome! Please hyperlink the bug report here. :slightly_smiling_face: