Calc - Insert Floating Frame

Hi

Using 7.3.7.2 on Linux Mint 21.3

How do I find the correct toolbar to select ‘Insert Floating Frame’ .
Would like to experiment in creating a user input form in a frame. Similar to the ‘Data-Form’ . Have looked at many tool bars but it does not show on any of them.

The ‘Data-Form’ is good, but when reopened it does not go to the first available empty row in column. And would like to use 'enter ’ button instead of tab down. Recording a macro does not record any movement in the form. Can a macro call up the ‘form’ and get to open at first empty cell?

Wow. Learning lots today. Have been looking at Libre Base as a better option. Looking good to me. This is ‘villeroy recommends regularly on this site, and today I took the plunge to have my first look.’ Thanks villeroy.

I open ok but when I try to create the first database i get the message attached. I have JRE latest.

One more question can I copy paste from Calc some rows of data into Base ?
What have I missed ?
Thanks
Charles

I don’t see a message, but only part of the opening screen, wich by default start with forms tab, as this is supposed to be the typical starting point later.
To start switch to Tables-tab. Of course a new database is empty.
I usually create my new tables in Base directly to get types and sizes correct, but if you copy a complete sheet in Calc and select paste on the tables tab, there should open an assistant to import to a new table.
I’ve used more Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C in Calc, then use the context menu of an existing table in Base and select there. Here also an assistant helps importing. If you do this often, it is useful to have the columns in the same order in Calc and Base.

Same method as above. I usually prefer to have a header row included in Calc to check the procedings in import-assistant.

For the other direction be careful now, because of this new problem:

If you wish to switch the topic to Base, maybe opening a new thread, because it will be weird to have this found under “Calc - insert floating frame”

looks like a pattern :expressionless:

Sorry posted wrong screenshot before. This is the message I get. Going to swap over to Base Forum later in the day.
Thanks all for your help

Charles

Got it!! With playing around I relized that I need to open a database first before trying to make a form etc. Thanks

Learn from this: post the complete window, not only what you think important. No open database is easy to spot in status bar.