Calc numbering bug

Found a glitch in Open/LibreOffice Calc. When adding lines, the numbering is not violated and increases (as, of course, it should be), but when deleting lines, the numbering is violated (disappearing with the deletion of the row, and not performing automatic recalculation) and when copy-pasting (copying with transfer) tables, in these previously deleted duplicates may occur.

Could you upload an example Calc file showing the error.

Duplicated on LibreOffice Calc numbering bug (there with three translations).

I assume that you are talking about the row numbering in the “tag line” which makes up the left border of the cell grid.

You may be using the hide function instead of delete. I see some functions are translated wrong in menus and help files for Norwegian. It could be te same for your language (Russian?)

If you right click the row tag, both delete and hide functions should be in the context menu. Take note of the coloring on the icons: red row for delete, yellow row for hide/unhide.

2 Likes

No. Not hiding lines, namely deleting - each line separately and in manual mode. In addition, the same problem was when automatically removing duplicate rows through a filter.

OK. Good!

Is the issue on the grid coordinate lines, autofill, formula result, or something else?

@sokol92 asked yesterday, and I repeat: Can you please upload a sample file which displays the issue? Without that, we are working blindfolded, and confined to guesswork (like my failed suggestion).

This is after removing duplicate lines with a filter.
OpenOffice
Uploading: OpenOffice.JPG…

…

???

What you show is exactly the result of hiding the lines. If you apply filters to a data (without copying to another place), it hides the lines. That is normal and expected.

You may be interested in this extension:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/en/extensions/show/remove-duplicates-fast

You also may be interested to ask questions at https://hub.libreoffice.org/forum/?LOlocale=ru-RU in Russian.