I started keeping my checkbook register in Excel over 20 years ago. Several years ago I switched to OpenOffice and after a few years of that, to LibreOffice. Until recently, when I marked a block of cells to sort by the date and check number columns, the sort worked and the forumlas (ALL outside of the sorted block, but referring to things inside the block) stayed the same, as expected.
I’m not sure which, but one of the relatively recent updates to LibreOffice Calc has apparently started to update the formula references when I do the same sort I’ve been doing to over two decades. This is VERY annoying, because it can subtly introduce errors in my balance column. I can fix it by copying the formula cells just above the first row in sorted block throughout the sorted area, but I should not need to do that.
I’ve tried to find a setting that might (un)select this behavior, but I cannot. I’m hoping someone can tell me how to make this work correctly again, or that a developer will acknowledge that it is an unintended bug that will be fixed.