can i use Libre Office to produce posters?

iproduce advertising posters for business and social, I used MS before but now using Libre Office

By “poster”, I suppose you mean creating documents much larger than A4/Legal/Letter. All you have to do is select the correct paper size in the page dialog. Then as long as you can connect to your oversize printer, everything should be alright.

An alternative is to export to PDF and send this PDF to the printer.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer) or comment the relevant answer.

No. It wasn’t to do with the size, it was about creating posters for upcoming social events at our club. I previously used M/S Publisher but have just moved to Libre and don’t know if I can have the same template options with Libre Office - or should I get another app/package?

Libre Office is the equivalent of M$ Office. For an equivalent of Publisher, look at Scribus which is a FOSS desktop publishing app or at Quark XPress (commercial).

I used MS before

If you had used “MS” it could be that MS Publisher was your favourite app for creating posters. MS Publisher is able to convert RGB to CMYK. If you don’t know the difference of that you can surely try to do your work on Writer or Draw or even Impress.

If you have used CMYK for creading PDFs Scribus could be the right solution for you. - Cheers

Thank you to the responders. Question answered for me.

This does not answer the question. Please delete and use add a comment.