Can no longer use desktop shortcuts for individual files

Since upgrading to LO 7.5.7.1, the shortcuts to often-used files that I’ve created on my desktop no longer open those files. When I create new shortcuts, they don’t work either. Any idea why?

Maybe you can not open any old file? Have you tried to start LibreOffice an then open a file via menue File > Open ?

Do you have AVG or Avast antivirus? Add soffice.bin to the Allowed list for anti-ransomware. Every new version needs to be added.

UPDATE: Problem got worse, with certain files unpredictably inaccessible (“General input/output error”) even when I tried to open them from their proper folders, not just from their desktop shortcuts. Closing out of L.O. and reopening it seemed to resolve the issue … at least for the time being.

With random issues like that I would restart the computer, not just the program.

What operating system? Click Help - About LibreOffice then click the icon just after the words “Version information” to copy details to clipboard. Paste clipboard contents into comment or into original question if you can edit it.