Cannot insert sections in write document with ver. 6.4

I created an .odt doc with multiple sections in ver 5. Now, in ver 6.4, when I try to insert one of these sections into an .odt doc, I click the link box and choose the file that contains the sections but it will not allow me to choose a section. It does not display the sections in the list on the left. If I click on “insert” it inserts the entire file.

Do the sections appear when you open the source (original) file in Writer?

does not display the sections in the list on the left

The sections of the file linked to appear in the drop down labelled Section on the right (while the left pane contains the sections of the current document).

After I select the source file that contains the sections, the drop down menu is empty. It will not display any sections.

This seems to be a problem of 6.4.7.2 - Just created a document containing 2 sections with LibreOffice version 5.4.7.2 and tried to to link into a new document using

7.1.2.2 - sections are shown in drop down
7.0.6.2 - sections are shown in drop down
6.4.7.2 - sections are not shown in drop down
6.3.6.2 - sections are shown in drop down
6.2.8.2 - sections are shown in drop down

@ElFundidor

Excuse me - inadvertently deleted your last comment.

Hello,

this is tdf#129881 section dropdown box in Link section of “Edit Sections” dialog does not show sections in an external document that has sections, which was fixed for 7.0.0

Hence you should update to one of the 7.x series of releases.

Hope that helps.

I upgraded to 7.1.4.2 and it now works fine.

Thank you

If the answer is helpful please consider to click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer. Thanks in advance …