Cannot reopen saved files

under the writer program i saved my file and when i reopened it it comes up as a bunch of random symbols. and it is in a zip file. Someone please help i have been working on this for days and no cannot access it.

this is what it is opening up as…Ò#Ÿ#´få€#ßà+ î£A%#–#∏ Áfl∑÷:w#ıRE# vÊ∏ Áfl∑÷:w#ıRE„„-mȪ-˛#°W·˜cºØ»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4Ò#‹¢#P»"ãí¬zã#4`Ò#‹¢#PR#∫\Ugxä¡¢Pà…_WâYSÃ9’å)µt +fl#ˆ:M&
¥ÓI&˜∏çªQ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8#ˆ:MâD∫¶wÜ #çªZ8ÅY‘Ü##$©ÌE∑·√

you might have selected different encoding?

Please provide your platform, LO version, and file format details.

@jmart102 - Which OS and which LibO version are you using? What exactly did you do to save and open a file?

If your document is in a zip file, try un-zipping first before trying to open it in LO.

You can use Windows Explorer or a program like 7-zip to extract the original file.

How are you creating these files? There are known issues (as reported here) with using right-click on the desktop to first select the file type and create a file stub, rather than opening the application, entering content, and then saving the document.