Cannot start LO 4.1.1. due to missing libdbus-glib-1.so.2

I am running Linux Mint 15, had till today been running Libreoffice 4.1.0.1, and wanted to go to LO 4.1.1.

I used synaptic to remove 4.1.0.1 (completely removed all packages starting with “libreoffice” and “libobasis”), and then I installed 4.1.1 following the instructions posted at http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/installation/linux/

However, now I find LO will not start. When I attempt to start it via the terminal, I see the error message…

/opt/libreoffice4.1/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried installing libdbus-glib-1-2 via apt-get, but apt tells me I already have the most current version installed.

Can I ask someone’s help in talking me thru what I need to do to resolve the problem?

Thank you, RL

Don’t install LibreOffice from LibreOffice.org web page. Use LibreOffice Ubuntu PPA (Mint is based on Ubuntu and Ubuntu PPAs should be working fine).

Read my post on how to do this: Will the current libre office 4.0.2.2 on ubuntu be updated?

Thank you, L-user - your approach resolved my problem. Regards, RL

You can simply install the lib for i386:

sudo apt-get install libdbus-glib-1-2:i386