Can't add push button

I have created a simple movie history database, three tables and two forms. (Libreoffice Version 7.1.4.2)(Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6) Database name is BWR copy.odb Each form consists of a table with common information: title, genre, year produced, etc. The other two forms are information concerning the theaters where they exhibited and written articles on the film. So far, so good. I would like to be able to add a push button to toggle back and forth between the two forms. I have two problems. First, I wanted to add a push button and then write a macro. But even using the form wizard, I can’t add anything. I push, say, radio button, I get the little plus sign and the tiny square and drag it into the form. When I let go, the cursor moves up to the top left corner of the form. And now, somehow, I don’t even have the push button on the tool bar (it remains in the drop down menu). Second, and please forgive for this, I’m not sure how to write the macro. I found the previous Q&A which showed this one.
Sub openFormByTag(oEv)
cWhat = com.sun.star.sdb.application.DatabaseObject.FORM
oModel = oEv.Source.getModel()
sName = oModel.Tag
oView = oModel.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.getCurrentController()
oView.loadComponent(cWhat, sName, FALSE)
End Sub

But I can’t figure out what to do. I figured I should add the name of the form somewhere. When I sub in the form name in place of DatabaseObject, I get a message saying “theater” or “article” can’t be found. Believe it or not, I know how to do this once, in Access. But I’m lost here. Can anyone help?

Hello,

When posting, please include specific LO version, OS and for Base the database used.

Please edit original question or use add a comment. Do not use an answer as that is for actually answering the question (which you can also do).

@FWStern,

Sorry to confuse you but it is not the name of your database but the type of database used. Examples → HSQLDB embedded; Firebird embedded; MySQL v8.x; PostGreSQL v11.x; etc.

Often this helps determine where a problem may exist or the field type or SQL (they differ) needed.

Hello,

Your question is confusing in some areas and not too clear. You state having three tables and two forms but then state:

The other two forms are…

It is also not clear as to how these forms are to be displayed. For example some data selected on one will determine what is displayed on another? Creating a new entry? Both?

Your notes on the push button are explained in the LO documentation - Manuals → here or the on-line documentation → here

As for macros, although Star Basic is simple, the API is a hurdle not easily overcome. Here are some recommended manuals (along with those in the LO manuals already given):

Open Office Macros Explained by Andrew Pitonyak. PDF here → http://www.pitonyak.org/OOME_3_0.pdf

and Andrew Base → http://www.pitonyak.org/database/AndrewBase.pdf

Also, a couple of links with samples (and macros) opening forms from other forms:

Base Macro - Click on Table Row to Open Record

Base macro that opens a new/clean record in another form