Can't recover my .odt restored files

It’s not unusual for me to recover .odt docs when I intentionally or inadvertently close Libre Office, or reboot my computer. In this case, I added a set of page numbers to a .odt and the .odt doc immediately crashed and took about 15 other docs with it. When I attempt to recover the docs, they open up but I get “not responding” and of course, can’t do anything. I’ve been able to close and restore do this a number of times but everything is frozen.

I “restored” my Win 10 computer to several days earlier to no avail. I think the doc with the page numbers is corrupted and corrupting the whole Libre Office thing. I am running just about the latest version of Libre Office and happy to update if that might help…

Any Thoughts?
Thanks!

Which specific version is “just about the latest”?

Since version 7.5, the recovery dialog has checkboxes allowing to choose which documents to recover, so you can uncheck the checkbox from that problematic one.

maybe 159091 – UI: The function of the Automatic recovery dialog was interrupted dialog is obscure

@fpy sorry, what do you mean? There’s no sign of @VisionariesThrive trying to cancel here at all, or using password protection…

sure, and no sign of much.
we’ll see.

the neutral way being : More details - How to use the Ask site?

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your help!
Not sure what you mean about VisionariesThrive trying to cancel… or password protection?
On the other hand, great idea to uncheck the problematic doc…
But what happens to the unchecked doc?
Will it show up next time I reboot or do I lose it.
I don’t know the version of LibreOffice because I can’t get into Libre Office…
The PC sitting next to this one is probably the same version… that one is 24.2.3.2 (X86_64)
I am heading to bed and hope to find a solution in the morning. Got some big docs sitting in the aethers right now… Luckily the last save is only three hours old… but that’s the good stuff!
Thanks!

Hi Pierre,
Thanks for your suggestion!
I will take a look first thing in the morning… (I’m on Pacific)

I mean about that, that there is no sign that you are trying all those things, so it’s unclear why someone would throw a random bug report to confuse things (in a neutral way).

Unchecking it, would discard the recovery information. So: it won’t appear next time; and the document itself, as it is already in your documents folder, won’t change.

I discovered the solution by replacing my User Profile… [LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki] Curiously, I fount an intact (latest) version of my docs in the User Profile so I lost nothing other than 24 hours of fooling around. I’ve had to manually reset some of the features of Writer but overall, pretty simple.
Thanks for any help