Can't save file - access denied - after updating L.O

I just updated to L.O. 7.5.7.1, which seemed to go smoothly. But when I go to save a file, I get an error message that shows me the (apparently correct) file path and says “access denied.” I’m sure this is something simple, but I can’t figure out what the problem is.

(Edited to add: This happens only with existing files that I’m trying to update. Newly created files can be saved.)

I’m having a similar problem (I won’t describe; too horrible!) but…
If your older docs are still VISIBLE? I would suggest the only solution would be to copy them and paste onto new 7.5 files. Then… Keep your fingers crossed.
Others have told me all older files should open, but they don’t (right?). Give this a try if you can. Let me know.
I am NOT a “computer guy” so keep that in mind as well. but after some time no “computer guy” has come up with a solution to my problem which is similar to yours.

I figured it out in case anyone else has the same problem. I had to close L.O. and then, before clicking on the shortcut icon I use to open the program, I right-clicked and chose “Run as administrator.”

1 Like

Thanks for that advice. I tried this, saw a window open with some of the docs I am trying to access… But then the program said the docs “did not exist” so I guess this solution didn’t work for me.