Change interface language to Spanish in MacOS

Hello,
I donwloaded LibreOffice from the spanish site, but when I install it on mac, the interface is in english. I have tried to change it in Preferences → Langugaes and Locales → General, but the only option is English.
Is there a way to change the laguage or to install it directly in Spanish? I need some students to install it and they don’t have too much computer knowledge.
Thanks

The download page has that “Translated User Interface: español” supplementary download:

I really don’t know why do we not include all UI languages into the installer on macOS, like we do for Windows MSIs…

AFAIR/IIRC shipping all languages in the installer is done for Windows because there adding UI languages later is (was?) not possible. Why should other platforms suffer from that shortcoming…

However, one could expect that when downloading from the Spanish page the Spanish language pack should be downloaded automatically as well. Same for other localized entry/download pages.

Well…
Adding languages later is possible on Windows (and was done in OOo times), so that wasn’t the problem. I would actually expect, that the decision was made because of the advantage of Windows install package, that allowed easily for the user to choose the install set - i.e., one installer with everything bundled allowed user to not install everything - so two problems were killed at once (not having to choose what to download, and not having to install everything), for the cost of the installer size. I’m not sure if a similar thing is easy with our macOS installer technology.

However, I believe that installing everything (instead of a selectable subset) is in fact an advantage over what we do now - see e.g. how not installing all dictionaries makes people not have hyphenation working, when they get a document with respective languages; or how installing a single-language help pack makes people struggle, until they realize that the language of the UI is important (yes, we improved the reporting, but…) - and all that would be easily solved for a price of some hundred megabytes.

Of course, it’s just my opinion :slight_smile: